2. What personal information do we collect, why and how we will use it?
We may collect the following information about you:
• Contact details including title, name, postal and email addresses, postcode, contact telephone numbers;
• Business information, such as employer details and job title, particularly from our corporate customers;
• Transaction information, including payment and reservation and booking details;
• Purchase history during your stay, including which hotel you stayed in & activities during your stay (e.g. food purchases and Wi-Fi use) and the date(s) of your stay;
• Demographic information;
• Registration information
• Customer communication and in stay preferences;
• Customer feedback;
• Computer or device information (e.g. your IP address and operating system).
Where you book accommodation for other people, we may ask you to provide the above information about them (e.g. we will usually ask for the title, first name and surname, e-mail address and nationality of a person for each room that you book for identification purposes). You should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
• Administration and management of room and restaurant bookings and our hotels and outlets;
• Processing transactions;
• Administration of our Digital Department
• Administration and management of our competitions, promotions and prize draws – you should check the applicable terms and conditions of the competition, promotion or prize draw for further information;
• Sending you communications about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may also send you service information communications (e.g. reservation/booking confirmation).
• Business, website and consumer analysis and reporting;
• Correspondence between us, including where you use our 'Contact us' form.
3. Sharing your personal information with third parties
We may disclose your personal information to (in so far this is in line with applicable local data protection laws):
• A buyer in the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by a third party (as your information may be one of the transferring assets); and/or
• Any third party where we are under a legal duty to do so, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where personal information is processed on our behalf by third parties (such as for the purposes of processing your room booking), we put measures in place to keep your information secure and that they operate within the local data protection Laws.
We use Google Analytics cookies on our websites to record website usage. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Some of the pages on our websites use content embedded from another website, for example YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t actually control these cookies and we would recommend that you visit these third parties for more information about their cookies.
Oceana Hotels takes the security of any personal information we hold very seriously.
Where necessary, and in common with other websites and apps, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that personal information provided to us is not visible to anybody else when in transit between your computer and our servers. You can tell when SSL is in use by the presence of a small "padlock" symbol in the status bar of your web browser.
In addition, our web servers are housed behind a secure firewall that prevents access to our databases by unauthorised users. All of our servers are housed in a secure environment with high levels of physical security.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your information, we will handle it in accordance with our usual practices.
Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
6. International transfers
7. Direct marketing
We would like to keep you informed of Oceana Hotels news and offers by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means only if you have chosen to “opt in” to this service.
If you have agreed to receive such marketing communications you may opt out or change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us on email@example.com.
8. Access to and amending your personal information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is inaccurate by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. To do so, please contact us on email@example.com. This service is FOC and we will endeavour to send this within 30 days.
10. Contact us
Oceana Hotels Data Privacy Officer
27 East Overcliff Dr
11. Further information
This site is operated by Oceana Hotels, an ABQ Investment UK LTD operation (company number 9066663 and VAT number GB208066915) whose registered office is 27 East Overcliff Dr, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 3AF
Coast Hotels & Leisure Ltd (Co No 05070611-VAT) is also subsidiaries of ABQ investment UK ltd.